Saturday, April 1, 2017

Wedding Place card DIY


I made this simple place cards for one of my friend's wedding party. She wanted a simple yet elegant looking place cards. So I created a few drafts and this card was her selection. This card is so cute and easy to make and assemble. This place card was an absolute decoration for the table. I have done place cards of different styles, but this is my absolute baby, I love it because of its charm and cuteness.

 Materials required
  1. Cardstock - ivory or white coloured [I prefer Canson XL if you use watercolour brush lettering.
  2. Brush marker.
  3. Paper trimmer and scoring tool to cut and burnish the folds.
  4. Candle
  5. Flowers and leaves for decorating [I used paper flowers and real leaves]
  6. Craft edge punch
My place card measures 7-inch height & 6-inch wide, card folds at 3.5 inches. 

A good option, if you are on a budget, is going for 'the paper studio' heavyweight cardstock you will get  50 or 60 for a price of $9. I got it from ' Hobby lobby' with 40% discount. Try using Microsoft word and printer if you are out of time and not good with brush lettering. 

You can keep it simple with a flower and  leaves as shown in the image.


(OR)

Decorate it with candle and wreath for added beauty


This is how it will look when the candle is lit. 


A PICTURE SPEAKS MORE THAN 1000 WORDS........ this place card is so simple so it doesn't need anymore blah blah tuts

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful work, I just love it !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s pretty! Thanks for the DIY. I am a budding wedding planner and my first project is my sister’s wedding. She trusts me a lot and I am going to stand up to that expectation. I have already shortlisted some of the amazing wedding venues and I am ready to start with it.

    ReplyDelete

Watercolour transparent layering exercise - Project Rainbow Lotus

Hey, This blog is actually a dedication to women over the world. I knew so many women even though they are highly educated, but has to liv...